Saturday, October 15, 2011

Missed Blogtoberfest Post and Trip to Texas Hill Country


Encouraging words of the day:
Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. ~ Psalm 25:5, NLT

Well, I already missed a day of blogging yesterday for the Blogtoberfest.  We spent the day driving to our ranch in the Texas Hill Country.  It takes 7 hours to drive here from El Paso and by the time we got here, I was just too tired to write.  I did check my blogging friends’ blogs and drank a glass of wine, well 2 glasses, to relax.  I was able to do some hand-sewing on the way and completed two of “My Jane” blocks and here they are:
 
J-1



J-11
They almost look the same...
Then I made all these applique melons for J-10.  I decided to rest from makiing melons and start on L-10  Well, that was not the best idea since L-10 is turning out to be a real nightmare.  It has 10 million, well 45, little-bitty pieces.  I kept misplacing the pieces and then they are really small and hard to sew and whine, whine, and so on.  You get the idea.  A masterpiece in progress.

Then, to rest from L-10, I made a few hexie petals and did a little crochet on a crochet cowl I’m making for my sister for Christmas.

I ran into a couple of giveaways while visiting blogs last evening:

"Stitches From the Bush" is having a giveaway of a table runner pattern, a charm pack, 70 cm of oyster fabric, 30 cm. of rouge fabric, and Cosmo Multi Work Thread. – ends October 24th.
"Lily's Quilts" is giving away  1. two Designer Collections;  2.  two Ultra Collections; and
3. four boxes of six spools of 50wt thread from Aurifil threads. – ends October 19th.

So that was my day yesterday.  Don't forget about my "Blogiversary Giveaway." 
This is the last day to enter.

That is all.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Very nice blocks! I do need to start my Dear Jane or she'll never get finished! LOL

My Sister Made Me Do It said...

Love the criss-cross in the middle of J-11. You are productive even when driving to the ranch....hope you were the passenger at the time....LOL

Susan said...

Wow! I can't even read the road signs without getting sick while driving or riding! You're amazing. I do know the road from El Paso well. I used to live in Waco and traveled it many times. Relax now, I think you've gotten ahead for a bit!