Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One-Flower Wednesday, 2 Things Found, and Teddy Bears Picnic


Encouraging words of the day:
Then when you call, the Lord will answer. 'Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply.
~ Isaiah 58:9, NLT

After I found my back-up camera yesterday, my husband found the charger to my main camera under the back seat of our pickup truck.  Go figger.  I think I must have tossed it into my tote bag rather than stowing it where it belongs and it fell out.  Oh well.  Now maybe my Autumn Bearie will miraculously show up some time before Christmas.  I wanted to send her to the  "Teddy Bears Picnic" but you know that story so this little brown Teddy that sits, long-forgotten by my little son who is now 34 years old,  on my son’s used-to-be bed is going instead. He is sitting in front of a gorgeous fall mat with appliquéd acorns and braided edging which I won from Roberta’s giveaway at "Taking the Scenic Route." And now, this Teddy is definitely ready for excitement at the "Teddy Bears Picnic." 


Today is One Flower Wednesday once again.  I finished up these plain hexie flowers while  watching  “Dancing With the Stars”  last night.  I thank Karen for keeping us motivated with One Flower Wednesday.

Giveaways:
"Stray Stitches" is giving away a fat quarter bundle of Family Forever in the winner's choice of colorway. – ends October 17th.

Don't forget about my "Blogiversary Giveaway."  Ends October 15th.

That is all.

12 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

Teddy looks so cute in from of the autumn mat. Love your flowers and they are anything but plain!
Glad that your back-up camera and the charger were both found :)

sister outlaws said...

Did this teddy belong to your son?That teddy looks good for his age! He has a lovely tilt to his head and a kind expression.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful Flowers! Great fabric and colors - not plain at all.

Karen said...

Cute bear and lovely flowers! I'm really liking the fabric.

501 Quilt Blocks said...

I love the fabric you used for the flowers. They're not plain.

Connie said...

Love the fall mat with the braid trim! Your hexies are cut too!

Karen said...

Who would have thought we would keep teddy bears for so long? It is lovely to see that you still treasure your son's bear.
Love the Fall mat, too and the hexies.
Have a lovely picnic.

elliek said...

love the bear and your hexies are fantastic

Briar Rose said...

Hi there, thank you for your lovely comment aout my "Lily", your son's bear is so cute, and your Hexie flowers are gorgeous,hopefully we might be swap partners one day. Now about your question,short beaked Echidnas(Tachyglossus aculeatus)is a spiny native australian Mammal,it sleeps most of the day and feeds at evening and dawn on termites in amongst the bush, it defends itself by rolling into a ball and digging into the ground. I live in an outer suburb of Melbourne, Victoria,(approx.13 mile from the city) Cheers R.

Melody said...

Your son's little bear is such a cutie pie, I'm so glad you are looking after him. Thanks so much for playing along today.

Teresa Felgueiras said...

The Teddy look awesome and so does the Autumn mat.
Love your flowers. you must have got quite a "bunch" by now.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Brown Bear is so sweet and does look very comfortable there. Your hexie flowers are lovely too. Sorry I am late to visit but a big storm interuppted my blog visiting yesterday.