Friday, March 30, 2012

The Beautiful Hill Country and My Jane C-4


Encouraging Words of the Day:
The LORD will work out his plans for my life--for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me. ~Psalm 138:8, NLT
Every person dreams and makes plans for the future. Then they work hard to see those dreams and plans come true. But to make the most of life, we must include God's plan in our plans. He alone knows what is best for us; he alone can fulfill his purpose for us. As you make plans and dream dreams, talk with God about them.
The Texas Hill Country is beautiful this time of year. The wildflowers are blooming. I have always wanted to find bluebonnets on our property but was only able to find a few each year. But, this year there are hundreds and they are just gorgeous. Our beautiful land suffered so much though the drought but our trees are coming back and the wildflowers are everywhere. I'm happy again.

Mama and have been spending the time looking over our fabric purchases. Today we cut strips for Mama's quilt so she will be ready to continue working on her quilt today. I cut the binding for my BINGO card so i'll be finishing that today. Yes, I have two sewing machines at the ranch.
Here's another “My Jane” block which I completed on our road trip out here.  It didn't turn out as great as the previous one but it will do.  It actually looks crooked and I don't think it's the photo that's the problem.
C-4
Giveaway:
"Pings and Needles" is giving away a hand-cut-from-my-stash rainbow charm pack of 54 charms. - ends April 5th.
That is all.

10 comments:

  1. Look at all that green! Quite an improvement over all the brown you were seeing last year. Thanks for sharing the photos of the wild flowers. Just blame the crookedness of your block on the bumpy road your were traveling on :) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful wild flowers!!I'm glad you have them..flowers make me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texas in Spring! Hope to see that one day! I think your Mary Jane block looks great. They look really complicated!!! Have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful flowers! And I love your Dear Jane block, as always! :o)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the blue bonnets with us. We don't have them here in West Texas - at least I haven't seen any yet. They are so similar to the lupines I had in Maine - their tops are a little different - but otherwise they look alike. LOVE them!! We have little purple flowers here that are low to the ground - they seem like a weed but they are so pretty. Also taller plants that look like sage have popped up - about 6-12 inches tall with white flowers on top - these are pretty too. I'm hoping to take a picture before they leave. AND one of my favorites - the wisteria bushes are blooming - love, love, love those flowers. SO beautiful!! Wisteria don't normally grow in Maine, but we were lucky to have a beautiful vine on the side of our house - it never really produced many flowers but when it did they were so pretty. Here, they are in abundance and I adore them. Again, thank you for sharing your flowers with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I was not a fan of living in TX (really it was more the lack of fall and the fire ants) But I LOVED driving down the interstate and seeing all the bluebonnets! Oh, they were just amazing! Thank you for sharing them with me and bringing back that lovely memory!
    OK and GREAT job on C-4! That one was a BEAR!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! The flowers are gorgeous - especially the Bluebells.

    That DJ looks really complicated. I'll bet it is nice to have that one finished,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those flowers are beautiful! I love to see what is growing wild. That block looks quite complicated and will look just fine with all the others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are enjoying the bluebonnets too! You just never know year to year if you will have a good crop. Congrats on finishing another DJ block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it is just beautiful at the ranch and I know you are so enjoying it. There is nothing so beautiful as those Texas wildflowers...the bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush that are to be seen in the Hill Country in the Spring...(Thank you Lady Bird Johnson!) Just completing one of the My Jane blocks is an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete