Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Novelty and Colors Layer Cake Swap and One-Flower Wednesday


Encouraging Words of the Day:
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life. ~ James 8:12, NLT

I mentioned before that My sister from "My sister made me do it,." with a little persuasion, and I are planning a fabric swap .  Well,, we did it.  I blogged about it last evening.   I mentioned before  about the charm square swaps and how great they are, but I always end up wishing I had just a little more of that beautiful piece of fabric?  So, two sisters , "Hilachas"  (that’s me) and "My Sister Made Me Do It" (yes, yes, I know. I made her do this too…) got together and decided to host the "Novelty and Colors Layer Cake Swap" to give us just a little bit more of that novelty print or color.  Click HERE for more information and to sign up.

It’s also One Flower Wednesday.  Yes, I did get a flower (actually 2) made even though we were so busy trying to set up our swap.  Each week Karen provides a linky for all of to share our hexagon flowers.  Karen is the one that keeps me adding flowers to my garden. 

We’re having beautiful weather in El Paso.  It looks like maybe spring is really here now.  I see lots of empty pots in my back yard.  Good thing my husband loves working in the yard and will soon fill the rest of the pots with some of my favorite geraniums.

That is all.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Irene - Your hexie flowers are wonderful!!! And how fun to be ready to plant your "other" garden in the backyard!! I LOVE geraniums - some of my favs!! Kris

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Those hexie flowers are beautiful!! We, too, have been having beautiful spring weather - however, that's supposed to change this weekend.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your flowers, they look like Spring!

Julie Fukuda said...

Flowers, pieced or otherwise, and spring weather, I could use some of both!

Karen said...

Sweet flowers and the swap sounds like a good one, have fun with that! Spring is in the air here too, but we have yet to have winter, so I will not put the snow shovel away just yet.