Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It’s One-Flower Wednesday


Encouraging words of the day -
Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. ~ Psalm 25:5, NLT

Stuff I did: 
Got all my packages in the mail.
Started to dust and decided to sew instead.  It’s been beautiful in El Paso.  70 degrees on Monday, 80 degrees on Tuesday.  The wind is supposed to blow, 30-40 mph, so it’s a good thing I didn’t dust.

Here are my hexie flowers for One Flower WednesdayI enjoy sewing these little flowers so much.  I find it relaxing to slow down, sit down, and sew.  I’m glad Karen  at Journey of a Quilter organized sewers and provides a linky for all of to share our hexagon flowers.  If you would like to see more flowers out there in blogland, just click HERE.  What I did this week was sew three of my flowers together.  I have a plan. Really. I enlisted my sister Ida's help yesterday in laying out my 117 flowers in the arrangement I'm planning.  So, here are the 3 that I sewed together.

And then p, in order to feel like I was accomplishing something, I completed the flowers for my swap partner in the "Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap."   She is requesting black and white petals with a red center, not to my taste. I like colorful and more traditional but I hope she likes these:

I made a “little house.”  These are harder than they look since the pieces are so small but it surely gives you something to do with those “little bitty” fabric pieces collecting in our stash.  "Building Houses From Scraps" was started in Holland by Jeanneke.. Go to the link and look at all sorts of cute houses.  It was fun sewing this and this is how mine ended up, backwards from the rest (why are we not surprised,?) but,  cute.

Also completed my BINGO card for the "May For Me BINGO" activity planned for the month of May.  Finally I have something completed that was not done “at the last minute.”  Go to the link above to get the instructions for making your BINGO card.  All of the rules haven’t been given yet for actually playing BINGO but what I’ve read sounds interesting.  The BINGO card sews up easily and quickly.  Ta da.

I haven’t found any giveaways recently.  I guess everyone is resting up form the big Leap Day Blog Hop so . . .

That is all.

8 comments:

Carla said...

Very nice flowers. I think I should sew a hexie today and join in : )

Needled Mom said...

No pictures of them all laid out???? I always enjoy seeing the flowers on Wednesdays.

Those little houses do look like picky work.

I finished my BINGO card too. Aren't they fun? I can't wait for the game to begin.

Sheila said...

Lovely hexies , your little house is sweet and hey not all houses are in the same direction , they are small pieces though aren't they ,I've only done two . I 'll have to get busy and make a bingo card ,this sounds like it could be fun. Enjoy your week.

sister outlaws said...

What a great idea the bingo cards are!Sounds like fun! And I just love the house! And the link to the house block blog. Thanks!

Shaz said...

I love all your hexies, the colours are great! Your houses are so cute.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful flowers and a cute tiny house! I'm making my houses bigger, I found it hard to work with those teeny tiny chimney pieces.

Julie Fukuda said...

I was wondering when all those hexies were going to grt their act together. Aren't sisters great!

Karen said...

You have a plan for your flowers, very good. Wonderful new blooms, cute house and I LOVE the Bingo card!