Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One Flower Wednesday and My Jane D-11


Encouraging Words of the Day
Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love. ~ 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, NLT

Well, I left on a road trip without telling you.  We got busy preparing for the trip etc. and before I knew it, we were on our way and I neglected to blog at all.  So, here we are at our little ranch in the Texas Hill Country.  It’s beautiful!  There are wildflowers blooming all over the place.  I will post photos later.  We also received a much-needed rain (1 ½ inches) last night.

You already know that I like to utilize my time doing hand-sewing while on  a road trip.  For One Flower Wednesday,” I made these two hexie flowers to add to the hexie quilt I’m planning.  These will be incorporated into the sun and sunshine (somehow).

I completed this block for “My Jane.”  It was all hand-sewn.  I didn’t lose any pieces and I’m pleased with the way it turned out. Look at all the curves it has.
   D-11

Before we left I received my mini quilt from my partner in the “New Beginnings Mini Quilt Swap.”  Lynette is a wonderful seamstress and embroiderer and did a marvelous job on the mini quilt she sent me.  Just look:
Lynette also included some extras: chocolate, gift pouch and instructions for making others myself.  Lynette and her husband live on a sheep farm and how perfect that she also included a fat quarter with sheep in it.  Thanks for everything, Lynette.  I enjoyed my package so much. 

Oh, and back to our road trip.  We brought my parents with us.  I’ve told you that Mama is the quilter who got me started quilting.  On the way, we went through a town that had a marvelous quilt store.  So, the guys were such good sports in entertaining themselves while Mama and I browsed through the quilt store.  We only stayed about 30 minutes.  We didn’t want to take advantage of the guys, plus we still had several hours to drive.  I was able to purchase a beautiful panel for my sister from "My sister made me do it."  She’s working on a “Wizard of Oz” something or other.  We also bought several pieces of fabric and just had a wonderful time.

Last thing today, I want to remind everyone that sign-ups for the "Novelty and Colors Layer Cake Swap"   that my sister and I are hosting will close today, March 28th.  We have room for 3 more. Take advantage of the opportunity to add just a little bit more of that novelty print or color to your stash.  Click HERE for more information and to sign up.

That is all.

9 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Glad you all made it to the ranch safely and thank you thank you thank you for the Wizard of Oz Fabric. Ok you can come home now!
And the photo of Lynette's mini quilt doesn't do it justice becauseI saw it "in person" it is just lovely, as Irene says....Your My Jane block really turned out nice! Good Job! Love you.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Working on hexie flowers on the road is the best way to make the time fly by. Love your Dear Jane block!! So glad that you are receiving the much needed rain - hope it continues.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty hexies, great colors! Beautiful work on your My Jane block.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Your colors are just beautiful have a safe trip have a good week

Karen said...

Very interesting flowers, I love them! Excellent piecing of your DJ, great curves!

Julie Fukuda said...

What fun to have your mother along.(Especially for shopping together) You made good use of your time with the flowers and block.

Becky G said...

Love your hexis & your dear jane block is really wonderful! Sounds like you had a good trip & look forward to your sister's new Oz blocks! Happy stitching. B

Needled Mom said...

I love the hand sewing in the car too. Your hexies are wonderful, but I love the DJ block.

It sounds like you and your mom had a great time in the quilt shop. We usually just zip past them on our road trips, but if it were up to me I would be stopping at each one.

Richard Healey said...

Love the hexie's I mad a couple last week while in hospital for delivery of my baby they are a nice use of time when you cant sew. I am not sure If could ever make enough to make a quilt but would be fun to try I guess.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.com