Saturday, March 10, 2012

Update to March Christmas Quilt-Along


Last update to what I'm doing on the Christmas Quilt-Along

Well, I just couldn’t get into the Christmas spirit today and finish my “12 Days of Christmas Mini Quilt” so I went back to my tote bag.  I got the pieces cut out and will have a nice tote bag to use as a gift for Christmas.  That is, IF I finish it.  The good thing:  I have two Christmas projects started thanks to "March Christmas 2011 Quilt-Along"

Update to what I'm doing on the Christmas Quilt-Along

I finally accomplished something. I couldn't get going. I kind of chose the fabric for the purse, then I went back to the 12 Days of Christmas mini quilt, then I blog hopped, then I ate. I did everything but count my buttons. I finally have the 12 little blocks made so I can post that I've done something. The photo came out sideways, but the blocks are done


Encouraging words of the day -
No power in the sky above or in the earth below, indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God. ~ Romans 8:39, NLT

This month,  the "March Christmas 2011 Quilt-Along" is hosted by Joanna at "Needle, Thread, Happiness."  What we do is set aside a day to work on our Christmas projects and post about it.  What I’m starting today is a "241 Tote Bag."  I just bought the pattern yesterday. 

Then we’ve had out-of-town company overnight and this morning.  Our company has left so I am just now starting at 10:30 am Mountain Standard Time, so you can see I’m way behind everyone else.  I’m off to pick my fabrics now. 

I’ve also started cutting out fabric for making a mini quilt that I saw at "Temecula Quilt Co." called the “12 Days of Christmas”  so I have all this fabric scattered about. 

Now to decide what I’m going to do first

That is all for now.

15 comments:

  1. I've seen the 12 Days of Christmas quilt finished and it really is a cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric scattered all over the place is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI...love the tote pattern. You should have fun with that. I made the 12 days quilt and adore it...you will love putting it together. I want to make another one using Christmas fabrics so will be very interested in seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picking the fabris is always a major part of a project for me and it takes the awhile. You are a busy bee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made TQC's mini Christmas quilt and had a lot of fun! Can't wait to see yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will love doing the 12 days of Christmas , it is really easy and fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful sewing day. Can't wait to see your second 12 days of CHristmas mini, this time using the fabric I "made you" use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your projects.Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Irene, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. All looking good. Can't wait to see more. Glad things are going well for you. Cheers for now

    Marg

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we all have days where we can't decide which way to go. You did get all your little blocks done though, and they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
    www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that tote! I think I need to make me one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Twelve Days of Christmas looks like it will be very cute. My day wasn't that productive either - but oh well, there's another one next month.

    ReplyDelete