Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One-Flower Wednesday and My Jane D-11


Encouraging Words of the Day:
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. ~Psalm 118:24, NLT
There are days when the last thing we want to do is rejoice. Our mood is down, our situation is out of hand, and our sorrow or guilt is overwhelming. We can relate to the writers of the psalms who often felt this way. But no matter how low the psalmists felt, they were always honest with God. And as they talked to God, their prayers ended in praise.
When you don't feel like rejoicing, tell God how you truly feel. You will find that God will give you a reason to rejoice. God has given you this day to live and to serve him--be glad!

Good morning!  It’s One Flower Wednesday! Karen from Journey of a Quilter provides a linky for all of us to share our hexagon flowers each Wednesday.  If you would like to see more flowers out there in blogland, just click HERE and look below for mine.  They look a little strange today but I’m trying to make a “sort of” picture with my hexies and this is the way they’re turning out.  I’m hoping the end-result will be beautiful rather than strange…

And here’s my "Free Motion Quilting Challenge" finally done.  It’s little flowers, in case you can’t tell. We had the option, this month, of choosing from several designs.

I do the free motion quilting on the back of the hanging I make for the following month,which in this case is April so I made it for Easter.


And finally, here’s another “My Jane” block.  This was pretty easy paper-piecing and appliqué and I like the way it turned out.
D-11

Reminder:
My sister and I are hosting a fabric swap called the "Novelty and Colors Layer Cake Swap."   Take advantage of the opportunity to add just a little bit more of that novelty print or color to your stash.  Click HERE for more information and to sign up.
That is all.

9 comments:

laurie in texas said...

Your encouraging words always seem to speak to me! Thank you for sharing these :)

Kelli said...

Your Jane block looks terrific and I love your St. Patty's hexies. :o) I agree with Laurie, too.. great words of encouragement. xo

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I look forward to see what you have planned for your wonderful hexie flowers.
Your Dear Jane block is wonderful!!

Becky G said...

Wow! Lots done! can't wait to see your hexi project when you combine them... and btw, love the easter egg & little flowers. Happy stitching! B

Needled Mom said...

Your DJ block is gorgeous! I am really excited to see your hexie picture. That sounds so interesting.

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Love your hexie this week have a great week happy quilting. jinnie

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Wonderful hexies! Your dear Jane block is beautiful and great job on your FMQ. I like your stitched little flowers.

Karen said...

I think the end result will be a very beautiful flower garden! Wonderful, wonderful DJ and some pretty nice free motion!

Maria said...

Lovely Flowers this week...
Great DJ block you made too.