Monday, March 12, 2012

Hello, Monday, What time is it?


Encouraging Words of the Day:
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him will all my heart. He helps me and my heart leaps with joy. I burst out in songs of Thanksgiving.

Monday, thank you Lord for another week.  We just changed to Daylight Saving Time so I don’t really know what time it is.  How can ONE little hour make so much difference for crying out loud?

 I had a productive weekend.  I started two projects on Saturday for the "March Christmas 2011 Quilt-Along."    I didn’t finish either one on Saturday but did finish the "241 Tote Bag" on Sunday.  It was not hard to sew although somewhat tedious.  I like it so much that I will make another one.

I also did a little crocheting since I needed to finish an afghan I am making for my niece’s graduation.  When I’m not hand-sewing on my hexies or “My Jane” blocks, I crochet on our road trips.  So I just needed to finish this up.

The mail brough my March mug rug from my partner in "A Year of Rugs."  Christina says you doesn’t sew yet so sent a crochet mug rug. 
 Thanks, Christina,  for the cute Shamrock mug rug.

Meanwhile, I too am wondering, what has happened to “My Jane,” and “My Swoon,” and. . .  UFOs in the making!

Planting an idea:  My sister from "My sister made me do it,." with a little persuasion, and I are planning a fabric swap .  We’ll let you know what’s going on soon.


Giveaways:
"adventures in fabric" is giving us the opportunity to win a charm pack. - ends March 14th.
That is all.

7 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

I am always a sucker for a swap!! Love to hear the details!!

Kelli said...

I'll keep an eye out for your swap.. so YOU are the "sister" in "My Sister Made Me Do It"!! I didn't know that. Ida won my giveaway a while back. :o)

Karen said...

Fabulous bag and beautiful afghan! Love the mug rug, love all things Irish!

Sharmayne said...

I love the afghan, I'm getting back into my crochet this year in a bigger way I hope..... was this hard to do??

sister outlaws said...

You sure did have a productive weekend! I LOVE the bag! That fabric is great!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Yes,Kelli, you found my Sis's page! Now see what she's "making" me do? LOL

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I haven't seen the bag yet but the afghan is even more beautiful "in person"!