Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Finish on Day 24 of Blogtoberfest

Encouraging Words of the Day:


We're still in New Mexico with my parents. Mama and I will probably do a little Christmas shopping today since I will be hunting the whole month of November and won't have a chance to shop. Mama is a good sport and will go with me and probably get a little of her Christmas shopping done as well.

But I have a finish to show you today. I finished this large lap quilt for my daughter and took pictures of it before leaving El Paso. It's about the size of a twin quilt. It was a beautiful day yesterday so I hung it outside on the clothes line. There was a little breeze but I think I got a good photo. My daughter is an entomologist (among other things) so I appliqued several butterflies, dragonflies, and bees on it that I cut out with my Accuquilt Baby-Go. I usually don't sew with flannel but I had collected several pretty pieces so those were used to make this quilt.

This next photo shows a close-up of the bugs.

 

And that's it for Day 24 of Blogtoberfest so...

 

that is all.

 

6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! So special. Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way that turned out with that border and all the bugs too. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute finish. I think I could have sent you a mile or two of bug prints but I like the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I ask a question about your Go Baby? Is there an awful lot of waste? I know there's obviously some waste. I'm considering buying one and I'm just asking around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect quilt for your daughter! I love it and I'm betting she does too!

    ReplyDelete