Sunday, October 28, 2012

OFOF Get-Together on Day 28 of Blogtoberfest

Encouraging Words of the Day:


We enjoyed the 5-hour drive and arrived safely in Tucson, Arizona for our OFOF Meeting. Some of you have asked what type of meeting this is. It is an annual get-together of retirees who previously worked together. All of the couples know each other well and each year we meet in a different state hosted by a couple residing in that state. This year, Arizona was chosen. Previous years have been spent in El Paso and San Antonio, Texas; Maryland, Alabama, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Tennessee.... Oh, and the name we've chosen for the group is OFOF which stands for "Old Farts and Old Friends." We have a fabulous time together reliving the "olden days" and talking about what we do now-a-days. We also play cards and eat and drink too much along with some sight seeing in the chosen state. So, dear "Blog Friends," that's where I am right now and so I'll leave you with this photo I took this morning outside our hotel room.

Before I go, I'd better remind you about my follower giveaway which ends on the 31st. I'm giving away a charm pack of several 5-inch charms from my stash. It's composed of 42 scrappy charms and will be for one of my followers. Just click on this link to enter:

"Blogtoberfest Charms Giveaway"

 

That is all.

 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful chance to get away with good friends. I remember your getting together in the past. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a fun reunion to look forward to each year. You've made it to Day 28!!! Will we see you at all in November?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Gosh, what beautiful mountains! Arizona is such a beautiful state. I'm glad you are having a good time and also that you have not missed one day of Blogtoberfest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your friends - we used to do that with our old company but after a few different takeovers (oil and gas) we all lost touch.
    Congrats on Day #28 - we are almost done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you made a safe trip and are having such fun with your friends. Even so... you never miss a beat!

    ReplyDelete