Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 11 of Blogtoberfest and visit to Clovis LQS

Encouraging Words of the Day:

It's Day 11 of Blogtoberfest and I'm still here...

Today I finally made it to the LQS in Clovis, CA. I just love this little shop. It doesn't look much from the outside


but the inside is full of wonderful quilting items. Just like the rest of you, I don't need any more fabric but there were a few fat quarters calling my name and my sister's name.

And I also "need" some 1930s fabric for my 1/2-inch hexie flowers.

I also came upon the difficult-to-find (for me anyway) clamshell paper shapes so I can start a clamshell quilt soon. I bought a package of 1/2-inch hexie papers as well.




A reminder about my follower giveaway. Just click on this link:

"Blogtoberfest Charms Giveaway" to win 42 charms cut from my stash.




So, it was a wonderful day. Now to get ready for football practice...

That is all.

 

5 comments:

sunny said...

You're past the 1/3 mark! You can do it. I'm glad you treated yourself to at least a little fabric. See you tomorrow!

Julie Fukuda said...

I love that ... you can buy fabric and say it is for your sister.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Ummmm...did I hear you say there are some FQ with Moi's name on them???? LOL....what a cool shop. I wish I could have enjoyed it with you. Go!Go!Go! You are a third of the way through Blogtoberfest and you haven't missed a day!

Celtic Thistle said...

Aptly named shop! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the clamshell papers, have never seen their like before.

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a fun shop to visit. Isn't it funny how those little things can call our names???? I'm sure your sister will be thrilled too.