Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 21 of Blogtoberfest and Mini Quilt-Along Update

Encouraging Words of the Day:


He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. ~ Ephesians 1:7-8, NLT

Grace is God's voluntary and loving favor given to those he saves. We can't earn salvation, nor do we deserve it. No religious, intellectual, or moral effort can gain it, because it comes only from God's mercy and love. Without God's grace, no person can be saved.

I've finished my second mini quilt top for the "It's a Mini Quilt-Along." This one is called "Fire and Rain." These little quilts are made from charm squares. I used Moda Adoring by Sandy Gervais. These are 2 charm packs and a layer cake I purchased a couple of years ago and had been wanting to use them so I've used this fabric in both of my mini quilts for this quilt-along. I still have some left so maybe I'll continue using them. I had some trouble with this little quilt top because the pieces have to match up correctly in order to form the design and I kept sewing them together wrong but finally...

This is Day 21 of Blogtoberfest.
That is all.

 

9 comments:

  1. I love your mini-quilt! its so pretty!
    Congrats on day #21 of Blogtoberfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini looks great! I am *always* sewing stuff together wrong, so don't feel bad. And I hate picking seams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful & I sew fabric together wrong all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irene, such lovely notes on Grace. What you talked about here, is the reason I named my blog what I did ; )
    Lovely quilt too

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all those triangles, there is plenty of room to go wrong. That looks plenty right to me though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTG on finishing the mini quilt and on day 21 too. I'm glad you took a break on the mini after your eyes and brain needed it because it turned out beautiful! Only 10 more days and you will have blogged everyday this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mini quilt, the pattern and the colors. I do mistakes too, who doesn't? I hate to unpick, but that's part of the job! :)
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mini quilt Irene, can imagine how frustrating those matching seams were but they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete