Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 5 of Blogtoberfest in California

Encouraging words of the day:

I am not perfect, but God loves me. I make many mistakes, but God keeps forgiving me. I'm not worthy, yet His grace and mercy continues to protect me. "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9




It's Day 5 of Blogtoberfest.

We arrived safely in California. All is well here. We got in around 9:00 pm and found our grandson up and waiting for us even though it was past his bedtime. I'm posting now in the early morning while I can and before anything has happened to tell you about. Later.

I meant to tell you, but forgot amidst our packing and such, that I've joined "It's a Mini Quilt-Along" hosted by "Moose on the Porch Quilts." She wrote a book of mini quilts made with 5-inch charm packs called "Simply Charming Minis" and we'll be working our way through making these cute litte quilts. The first one we're making is called Mosaic.

I'm making my posts off my iPad and its not as easy as posting from my laptop. There's a definite learning curve (Is that what you call it?) and each time I'm traveling without my laptop, I have to learn it all over again. Ever notice how much time blogging takes from our sewing? Well, it takes me forever to write out my post, take photos and edit them, and then post it all. I know. Whine, whine, as my sister would say. Well, really, she would ask, "Would you like some whine (wine) with that?"

That is all.




7 comments:

Hilachas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

hahahahaha.....well what do they say about "the best laugh is the last laugh"...notice that "You" made a comment on your own post? Well I was being a smarty pants when I said the following but forgot to logout and log back in to my own account after I "fixed" your post. (embarrassed face)

Good heavens....what a mess you made with your iPad and this post....hahaha....yes, I fixed it for you....may I have my wine now? LOL.......I really love the little mini-quilt, by the way...and it is much prettier in real life.....have I told you that I miss you yet today?

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Blogging is very time consuming. Those who only read and don't post don't know how long it takes to get it all done. And yes, I will enjoy that wine with you - lol!
Great Mosaic mini you are making. What charm pack did you use to create it?

sister outlaws said...

Yes! Blogging takes a long time to write and arrange. When I get some spare time I try to get a few extra posts done - which is what I'm supposed to be doing now! Stop distracting me Irene! I bet it's lovely in California!

Julie Fukuda said...

Yes, since blogger changed things and then google made more changes and I can't look at my pictures any more but have to write down the number when I file them and hope I get the numbers right. I can't imagine using a different system.

Needled Mom said...

Welcome to CA!!! I hope our weather treats you kindly. Enjoy your visit.

I have never tried to do a post on the i-pad. I do hate all of those learning curves. lol

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Glad your trip went well and enjoy your visit!

I haven't tried to do a post on our ipad yet - I think I would probably throw the darn thing across the room!

I love the new mini quilt that you are going to be doing - its so darling!