Monday, October 29, 2012

Beautiful Quilt at OFOF on Day 29 of Blogtoberfest

Encouraging Words of the Day:




We're still hanging out in Tucson with our OFOF group. My sister Ida gave me the idea for what to post on this 29th day of Blogtoberfest. I mentioned before that our OFOF group had met in El Paso before. When my husband and I hosted the group we had everything planned for the meeting. The hotel reservations had been made, side trips planned etc. About a week before the meeting we received terrible news about a tragic accident in our family and were unable to remain in El Paso and host the event. Four of our good friends offered to take over hosting duties and the group was able to meet in El Paso that year without us. We had planned the decorations in a southwest theme with tablecloths in a bandana pattern and barbed wire decorations etc. Favors for the participants were different colored bandanas. Long story short, one of our friends is a quilter. She gathered up the bandana tablecloths and retrieved the bandana favors from everyone and designed a gorgeous quilt for us from the bandanas. She embroidered the participants names onto the bandanas and incorporated photos that were taken during the event. We brought it to Tucson so I took photos of it on our bed in the hotel. Here it is:


Today we're off to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and Old Tucson so for now...

that is all.

 

5 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my goodness Irene! That is a wonderful quilt!!! I don't usually like bandana fabrics in a quilt unless it is cowboy related. But this one is really fun and colorful. Your friend really put a lot of work into making this quilt special for you!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I've seen the quilt and it is beautiful...a wonderful sentiment from your friends...only two more posts left!

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

You have amazing friends!! What a beautiful quilt!

Needled Mom said...

What a lovely and touching gift!!!

I hope you are seeing some of those glorious sunrises in the desert at this time of the year.

Janet said...

What a sweet gift - and a lovely quilt.